5821 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SureStore DAT40i SCSI connection problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
BR835451

SureStore DAT40i SCSI connection problem

Hello, I'm trying to connect a new DAT40i to a Magnia 3010 Server with a Intel 440BX motherboard. It has 2 Symbios 53C876 internal SCSI connectors (a small 68 pin and a wide one). I connect the DAT 40i with the "cabel in the box" to the 68 pin connector on the motherboard. At the end of the cabel there is already a terminator. The DAT40 unit use IRD 3 and the 53C876 use IRD 7.
At boot-time no devices are found on the 68 pin connector. On the wide connector there is a cd-rom connected with is found on boot time.
I tried to change some settings on the Symbios card but the DAT40 isn't seen at al.
Is it necessary to buy a new PCI-SCSI card to connect this device or is there some other solution?

Kind regards,

Eric
2 REPLIES 2
BR19682
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi there.
Does any of your friends have a LVD SCSI controler in his system ? Then try your DAT40 on that external connector.
I think, yours is only UW-SCSI, not U2W-SCSI ( LVD ).
Connectors look similar, but are wired differently.
Hope, i could help.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
BR835451

Thanks for the quick answer. It is difficult to understand all those specifications for the SCSI technologie they use now. But I understand that the DAT40i is just to new for the "old" Intel440BX motherboard. I just ordered the C7474A adapter (Adaptec 29160p)with is recommended by HP to solve this problem.

Kind regards,

Eric
the Netherlands