StoreEver Tape Storage
1748159 Members
3796 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 1/8 G2 Autoloader Error 138 - slider blocked

Dawid Koziol

1/8 G2 Autoloader Error 138 - slider blocked

After couple of months perfect work there was a problem with backup. Data Protector Express couldn't identify any media with error 4039: Media data error detected. I've tested autoloader using ltt 4.10 tools and got error:
Global error code: 138 (0x8A) HE: slider blocked, Robotic movement error: 65 (0x41). I run Wellness test: I did'n receive any errors and no passed test info as well. But I am not sure I do it correct. In manual says that in mailslot suppose to be scratch (diag) tape. Is it any special tape? When I used clean LTO3 tape I got Inv.Cartridge info, when I used Cleaning Tape I got Cleaning Busy... Rest 3 corners were loaded.
I can cleaning drive using Clean Tape. The problem is when I try to import or identify LTO3 tape - even if it is brand new.
PLease help with this issue!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Eemans Dany
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If the slider (robot) is blocked I would open a call. It is possible ther is a tape stuck between a slot and the robot. or the robot itself is malfuntioning.

So call support to check the drive, if it is under one year of age it still should be in warrenty.

Dany
zeddy_1
Advisor

I'm going through the same thing now.

HP has just sent me another tape drive, despite me telling them that the issue is NOT the tape drive. Have already replaced it once and still get the errors.
Dawid Koziol

I've replaced with new one from HP and far now works ok