1753974 Members
6963 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 20/700 web based library admin

mark webb_2
Advisor

20/700 web based library admin

I just upgraded my library firmware on my 20/700 a5597a. Now my library does not display (web enabled) & I have checked all the network config items & everything is ok. I can ping it but my java applet & browser will not connect.How can I resolve this issue. I have the password for override factory defaults & have restored my old firmware, but I still have no webb access. Can I enable it or does it require special software to fix my problem
22 REPLIES 22
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Which version of firmware were you on, and which version did you update to?
The journey IS the reward.
mark webb_2
Advisor

301 to 395. also tried going back to 170
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

OK, I'm not aware of any issues with 3.95. It actually has some fixes for web interface connection losses.

Just to be clear, the web interface was working on 3.01, you updated to 3.95 and the web interface stopped working. You then went back to 3.01 and it still didn't work. Is that right?

BTW, you don't want to go back to 1.70. That was "bridge" firmware to go between 1.65 and 2.XX firmware. I don't recall if the web interface was even supported in that code.
mark webb_2
Advisor

yes I was at 301, went to 395 lost web admin, then back to 301 & still no web access. Called HP & opened case. Talked to the loveland group & got no help. I have spent days going through lt&t manuals and cannot find help for my problem. I,ve just started this job & Im already in trouble. The WBLA admin manual was no help also.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Mark,

Ask the Loveland support contact to open a GR8 escalation with the product support engineering team. They can work with the engineering team to see how to best debug this. I've not seen any issues like this with the web interface. Did you verify all your network configuration settings are correct?
mark webb_2
Advisor

yes I did. Java app opens & says your web key needs to be installed. I can ping the library.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

OK, that provides a bit more detail. Let me consult with the experts.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

OK, the "experts" have some more questions.

1) Was any hardware changed (like the library controller)?

2) Is the behavior the same from multiple machines?

3) What version of JRE are you running?

4) What is the exact message that appears (or grab a screenshot)?
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

On the front panel, go to "personality module" under configuration. The "Library admin" setting should be enabled.

Provide us with all of the values on the personality module screens.