1753784 Members
7263 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 20/700 web based library admin

mark webb_2
Advisor

Hi David. No there is no personality module attached. I used the robotics pcb (mpc) from a older model that the picker was bad on & now have the library web enabled. No as far as I know, only HP firmware has been loaded to this device. We have the Sun, STK, & HP version of this library at our various data centers & all versions of firm are kept in same location. From what I have seen, you cannot load Sun on an HP or viceversa. So Im not sure what could have happened. Today I shorted out the battery to clear the config, reloaded the firmware & it still is not web enabled. Im going to have a talk with others who work on this equip when Im out and see if anything else has been done. Im sorry about the slow responce and always am thankfull for your help.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Mark, thanks for your updates. Sounds like you have isolated it to the MPC card. One of the STK's suggestions to resolve it was to swap the controller card. I'll see if they have any further comments given you updates.
The journey IS the reward.
mark webb_2
Advisor

I have found a working picker on ebay & plan to get the spare library back online. Does STK have any suggestions on how to get the mpc fully operational again. The web admin is the only problem the card appears to have. Is there a forum for STK or can I talk to someone from STK on how to resolve the issues. I have no contacts for STK yet. Maybe the personality module built-in on the HP version needs to be reloaded? If there is anything I can try I would be very happy to do so. Thanks again David!