StoreEver Tape Storage
1751961 Members
4997 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

20MB Internal error codes

Dennis P. Shea

20MB Internal error codes

My tapes suddenly will not initialize after problem free service for many months. Ran TapeDiag which reports no errors. Attempt to initialize returns the following:

"The following error code was reported. The backup device reported an unexpected error. (10-OE-23-01-0109)"

Has anyone seen this code? Can someone direct me to a list of error codes and definitions?

Thanks,

Dennis Shea
6 REPLIES 6
Scott McIntosh_2
Honored Contributor

Re: 20MB Internal error codes

Initialize with what software?
What operating system?
What kind of tape device?
Dennis P. Shea

My humble apologies. The answers are as follows: 1) HP 20MB internal Travan drive; 2) Win98; 3) Colorado Backup II v8.0. Now, has anyone seen this code, or can anyone direct me to a listing of error codes and definitions?

Thanks again, Dennis Shea
Scott McIntosh_2
Honored Contributor

Dennis, don't have any hands-on knowledge of Colorado Backup II, so can't help you there.

Colorado Backup II is just a rebadged Backup Exec, very roughly. So looking at Backup Exec, 10-OE means I'm not sure. I can't find any listing for what Request "10" is (ie, what was CB2 asking the drive to do). Response "OE" means "Device is essentially hung up. Troubleshoot IDE/SCSI interface, update firmware." This from a Backup Exec support document I found searching google.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Dennis P. Shea

Thanks for the feedback. For the record, it's a 20GB (not MB)internal drive (my bad). It's beginning to look like this drive is the canary in the mine warning of impending system-wide crash. Can't seem to find installed hardware from one boot to the next. Lose a network card here, a video card there, next a printer. Reinstall the software, but it doesn't hold past a few boots. Never seen anything like this. Don't mean to go off topic, but I love a mystery. Any clues?