1748092 Members
5840 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 5 gig colorado external

ernest vassallo
Occasional Contributor

5 gig colorado external

I had Win 95 and now I have a new PC with Win98 SE I need the software for my colorado but of course colorado (HP) doesn't suport it any more. Can anyone help me by making me a copy of the CD ver 8.1 so I can get some information stored on some disks I have. I will gladly pay for it since I can not buy it from HP . My email is evas@optonline.net Thanks all.

please help
colorado 5 gig external bu
7 REPLIES 7
Lance Brown
Esteemed Contributor

Have you thought about getting a different version of the software or different software entirely?

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg10065.html

Products supported and minimum system requirement of the VERITAS software solution
The current VERITAS solution Backup MyPC version 4.6 does install on Microsoft Windows XP, but is not fully supported via their technical support.
VERITAS Backup MyPC version 4.7 is the product that is fully compatible with Microsoft Windows XP.
The following list defines support for Backup MyPC version 4.7:
?? HP Colorado 5Gb
?? HP Colorado 8Gb
?? HP Colorado 14Gb
?? HP Colorado 20Gb
?? HP Surestore T20
?? HP Colorado Powertape 2400
?? HP Colorado Powertape 4000
?? HP Surestore T4
?? HP Colorado T4000s
As you see, your drive is listed.

Lance
ernest vassallo
Occasional Contributor

Hello I just called stomp and they do not have the drivers for the external colorado 5 gig now what can I do to solve my problem
thank you

E vassallo
Lance Brown
Esteemed Contributor

It looks like you are SOL. Hp quite supporting it, Veritas took over and from the sounds of it; internal drives only.

Maybe try eBay for an Internal 5GB drive. You might get software, if not, back to Veritas.

Lance
Marcus Boehlich
Advisor

There is a site where you may download COLORADO BACKUP 8.1:
http://www.rountree-inc.com/downloads.html
I Think this will help.

Marcus
ernest vassallo
Occasional Contributor

well it looks like I have to wait.. Round tree doesn't not have the program for HP colorado external so I hope and pray that nothing happens and I do not have to do a recover. I am still looking for that CD if any one has one for the complete program for the external 5 gig travan.

jeremy symes
Advisor

similar sort of prob here. Urguntly need to restore tape to new computer running win me. any help greatly appreciated. if anyone has a copy of cbII 8.1 would really appreciate a copy jezsymes@hotmail.com