StoreEver Tape Storage
1752802 Members
6011 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ADIC i2K not showing up properly on an rp4440

Stephen Swanstrom

ADIC i2K not showing up properly on an rp4440

I am setting up a scalar i2K on an RP4440 running HP-UX 11.11. I have zoned in the fiber and confirmed that the server's WWNs are logging into the library. However, the library is not showing up on the server properly. I can see new devices coming from the i2K and they are claimed. However, the devices are not showing up as autoch or tape, they are showing up as sctl:

ctl 63 0/4/1/1.97.5.19.0.0.0 sctl CLAIMED DEVICE ADIC Scalar i2000

We have has other ADIC libraries on this server before (10Ks) and we currently have NetApp VTLs on the server and they all show up fine. The atdd and schgr drivers are installed. I am not sure why these devices are not showing up properly. Anyone seen this before or have any idea how to resolve the issue?
3 REPLIES 3
Bill Rothanburg
Trusted Contributor

Did you configure the tape library to recoginize the server? The configuration is much like masking luns on a disk array.

On the Scalar i2000 it's configured under Setup->Device->Access->FC Host.
Stephen Swanstrom

Yeah, I did set up the lun mapping on the i2K. What I have discovered today confuses me even more. I have 2 HBAs from our server zoned into 2 seperate IO blades on the i2K. I was changing the lun mappings today to see if I could make any difference and what I found was that if I mapped the library partition to lun 0 for a specific HBA I would suddenly see the autoch on the host but nothing else (even if I had other devices mapped to other luns). If I changed it to be one of the tape drives mapped to lun 0 I would loose the auotch but gain my new tape drive. I usually have the control lun mapped as 0, but if I do that I don't get any devices from the library showing up correctly.

Basically whatever devices I map to lun 0 on the i2K is all that shows up on the host not matter what else I have mapped to luns 1, 2, 3, etc.
grant delp

Stephen,
i am having the exact same problem on a new i6000.
did you ever find a solution to this problem? any help/advice you could give would be much appreicated.