1753803 Members
7934 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Adaptec 39160, LTO2 SCSI issue

Roberto Torresani_1

Adaptec 39160, LTO2 SCSI issue

Hi all,
I have 4 LTO2 drive, connected two by two at the channel of a 39160D controller (ML730 G3)
When a write on a drive on ch A at max speed and meantime I read from another drive on ch B, I see the writing drive fail with a "Data phase error", while the reading drive still works.

I also checked all the connectors.

I have a RHEL4 OS (Adaptec module version 6.2.36 but I have also tried the version 6.3.11 from HP site without luck).

Any idea please?

Thanks,
Roberto
5 REPLIES 5
Rajanikant
HPE Pro

Re: Adaptec 39160, LTO2 SCSI issue

Hi,

What is the backup application you are using?

Regards
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Roberto Torresani_1

I think the problem is not related to the backup software.
I can reproduce the errors with simple "dd".
I suspect that it could be the controller...ot the driver (kernel module) I'm using...
Roberto Torresani_1

I'v done more test.
Everytime I read from one channel and write to the other one, I get "Data phase error" on the writing one.

If I test the read/write streaming on the tape drives attached on a single channel, I get no error...

I'm quite confused...

Roberto
Roberto Torresani_1

I tested more deeply.

Whenever I write on a tape drive on one channel and read from another drive on the other scsi channel I got 'Data phase error'.

If I use only one scsi channel, everything works fine.

I'm quite confused...
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Check the firmware on your HBA. If you really are connected to different channels this sounds like something is wrong with the HBA. There should not be any cross effects.