1752565 Members
5372 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

After E-1200 Router firmware ugprade no tape drives are visible

Derek_31
Valued Contributor

After E-1200 Router firmware ugprade no tape drives are visible

I upgraded our e-1200 storage router in a MSL5030 to version 5.6.06. Now it will not detect either of the LTO-1 drives on the SCSI buses. Previously it detected them fine and the hosts saw them.

I've rebooted the MSL, router, reset the router config to defaults, etc. with no luck. When I go into the router with the serial connection and show devices it shows the router and library controller. I also sometimes get a no-name device that it can't recognize. No tape drives.

Replacing the router with another one with older firmware solves the problem. But I can't find the older firmware on the web site to downgrade the broken ones.

Has anyone else had this problem?
1 REPLY 1
Derek_31
Valued Contributor

Re: After E-1200 Router firmware ugprade no tape drives are visible

After playing around with the MSL, I finally got it to work. I had to pull out the router with the new firmware and put in with an older rev. I then ran L&TT and updated the LTO drives to E38 and the MSL to 430. Then I put back the router with the new firmware and everything seems to be good.

Apparently LTO firmware E30 and MSL 408 aren't compatible with the latest router firmware. Ugh!