1753417 Members
5238 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Arcserve2000

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Arcserve2000

Has anyone had a problem with Windows NT SCSI PORT ERRORS in Arcserve2000 with the use of a SSL-2020? Arcserve says its a driver issue, but its not, the latest driver dated like 2/2001 has been installed since day one?

Anyone recommend a course of action? This is happening on all of thy servers (ML-570's) using the internal Integrated SCSI Controller on the ML-570's?

Thanks

EMAIL: chris.kane@wcom.com
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Arcserve2000

Did you ever get this problem resolved? I am having a similar problem on several ML530 servers with the AIT-50 internal tape drive and Arc serve 2000. It seems to be somewhat intermittent, but when these SCSI errors show up in the Arc serve log, the only thing to do to fix it is to rebut the server. Usually the rebut works, but I have one server right now that we cannot get to work properly. We have replaced the tape drive, SCSI cable, and mother board. We have completely uninstalled and re installed Arc serve. We have tried it with the Compaq tape driver installed and not installed. Nothing has helped so far. The next thing I am thinking about trying is moving the tape drive off of the on-board SCSI controller and attaching it to the 4200 Smart Array controller that we have in this server to see if that helps.