1752711 Members
5676 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Autoloader 1/9 failend to unload

Jimmy_13
Advisor

Autoloader 1/9 failend to unload

The tape don't unload from the drive to slot.
I need a solucion for this error.

thacks
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: Autoloader 1/9 failend to unload

Wait for some time while autoloader is processing tape (may take up to 30 mins). Power cycle autoloader, and try again. Try operating drive from the front panel. Call HP.
Which firmware autoloader has (controller and drives)? HP LTT may help you, try it http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50128.html
Eugeny
Jimmy_13
Advisor

Thnks for the help, but the Autoloader 1/9 turn on a orange ligth, and display the message: failed to unload the tape form drive.

Please, Can i fixed?

Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

If this unit is under warranty then call HP. If not you may try to look inside the autloader through the front window to understand where picker is located and if there's jammed/stuck tape. As soon as this hardware is made by modular principle you may try to unscrew drive from the rear and remove it to see what's happened to it and if tape really stuck in the drive. Usually, when tape got stuck in the drive, HP engineers remove tape, throw it away and replace drive returning defective one to the factory.
I do not think you'll be able to do anything with stuck tape in the drive. So maybe calling HP is better choice?
Eugeny