108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Autoloader G2 Error 8A 45

SOLVED
Go to solution
gadel_1

Autoloader G2 Error 8A 45

Hi,

Need help on an error we are having with our 1/8 G2 Autoloader. On the component status appears an ERROR 8A 45. Have checked in the knowledge base and found the resolution below but did not help solve the problem:

http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en&docId=emr_na-c00869441-1

Before this error appeared, we had a problem with the autoloader wherein 2 cartridges got displaced inside due to a severe movement in the rack (as we are onboard a yacht). We were able to unlocked the magazines one after the other to slide out the displaced cartrdiges. Now, we have replaced all the cartriges with fresh ones.

We are using Symantec Backup Exec 11d on a Windows Server 2003.

Please help! Also, I am not sure if updated patches were installed on the Autoloader itself. It has Firmware 1.30/1.70n.

Thanks in advance!

Gadel
4 REPLIES 4
TapeDrive Killer
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Autoloader G2 Error 8A 45

Stop all backu exec services then start and stop Removable Storage service and upgrade firmware to 1.80 using LTT.
One drink away from sleeping on the pavement
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Please post a library support ticket which you can pull using L&TT or the library web interface. The 8A/45 is a generic slider block but there is additional information to help determine approximately where the slider was blocked which may help (was it on a pull out of the slot, moving into the gripper, moving out of the gripper, pushing into a slot, etc).

The particular error referenced in the document you reference would be a slider block during the 3rd slider movement.
gadel_1

Thanks Pablo and Curtis for your response! But before we move on with the solution, I just want to say that this is all new to me. I need instructions on how to upgrade firmware to 1.80 using LTT.

I will also try to post library support ticket so I get to investigate further on the problem.

Thanks again!
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

For upgrading firmware with L&TT download the L&TT tool from http://www.hp.com/support/tapetools and run it from a host with SCSI connectivity to the library. It will scan the host and find the tape library then you can select the library and one of the tabs is for "firmware". If you have an internet connection on the host running L&TT it will automatically check for the latest firmware when it finds the device.

Another option would be to go to the HP support web site and download the firmware bundle for the library then use the Support/Firmware tab in the library web interface to update the library firmware.

Saving the support ticket can be done easily using L&TT if you have downloaded and installed it or can be done from the support tab of the library web interface.

So you can do both of these using either the library web interface or the L&TT tool. I think L&TT is faster and easier but if you don't have it installed the web interface works fine.