1752590 Members
3248 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Autoloader functions for second tape drive does not work using bkupexec 8.5

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Autoloader functions for second tape drive does not work using bkupexec 8.5

I have a Netware server running 4.11 with Bkupexec 8.5 and the autoloader option. I am using both channels on the library controller. One channel is for the library and tape drive0 the other connects to drive1. I can see all three devices. However, the autoloader will not work with drive1. Bkupexec reports 4 sessions at the Job manager console. One is the Library, two are the tape drives by scsi id and the other says "stand alone drives". If I daisy chain all the devices on one scsi channel, everything works and I don't get the stand alone drive, however, I get half the performance. Any suggustions?
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

All the hardware is compaq. The server is a proliant 2500, the library is a TL891 w/both tape drives, and the library scsi controller card is compaq's.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi,
dont know Netware, but in NT BE 8.5 you thave to do 2 things.
1. Install BE Library Expansion Option
Because BE supports only 1 Library Drive without
2. Go to BE -> Extras -> Device Manger
Put the Stand alone Drive to the Library Drive (Drag&Drop), so the Library knows that the 2. Drive belongs to her.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Currently, support for Digital Alpha and higher-end Storageworks products is not on this forum. If you are in the US or Canada, call 1-800-354-9000. If you are elsewhere, please contact our nearest offices for support information or check any service contracts you may have for the product in question.