1753971 Members
8478 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Autoloader functions for second tape drive does not work using bkupexec 8.5

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Autoloader functions for second tape drive does not work using bkupexec 8.5

I have a Netware server running 4.11 with Bkupexec 8.5 and the autoloader option. I am using both channels on the library controller. One channel is for the library and tape drive0 the other connects to drive1. I can see all three devices. However, the autoloader will not work with drive1. Bkupexec reports 4 sessions at the Job manager console. One is the Library, two are the tape drives by scsi id and the other says "stand alone drives". If I daisy chain all the devices on one scsi channel, everything works and I don't get the stand alone drive, however, I get half the performance. Any suggustions?
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Autoloader functions for second tape drive does not work using bkupexec 8.5

All the hardware is compaq. The server is a proliant 2500, the library is a TL891 w/both tape drives, and the library scsi controller card is compaq's.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi,
dont know Netware, but in NT BE 8.5 you thave to do 2 things.
1. Install BE Library Expansion Option
Because BE supports only 1 Library Drive without
2. Go to BE -> Extras -> Device Manger
Put the Stand alone Drive to the Library Drive (Drag&Drop), so the Library knows that the 2. Drive belongs to her.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Currently, support for Digital Alpha and higher-end Storageworks products is not on this forum. If you are in the US or Canada, call 1-800-354-9000. If you are elsewhere, please contact our nearest offices for support information or check any service contracts you may have for the product in question.