6084 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Backup Exec V8.5 V3572

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Backup Exec V8.5 V3572

Hi,
First off want to thank all the posters and compaq dudes. As I have got so much anwsers from this forum so far. Cheers.

Anyway the problem...
When using BE 8.5 on my proliant DL380 with a TL891 I get an error message after a backup has been done telling me that it was unable to verify the Job as there was an inconsistency in the media on a paticular file. This file changes with whatever you backup and the media is brand new i have tried many from all diffrent batches just to make sure.
After checking with Veritas they recomend a Firmware of v97 on the TL891 im running with v80, no big deal apart from when flashing the TL891 to v97 with the TSMC I always get an error5 while downloading flash to the device. "Device (0,4,0) reports an error...Sense Key: ILLEGAL REQUEST ASC: 0x24 ASCQ: 0x8d Bad drive/servo image EDC#"
Please dont tell me to phone Compaq support as I have already done this, and this was a new one on them (UK Compaq).
If the US compaq support knows how to fix this, it would be great if you can give me the number. As I will phone them from here if it means getting this problem resolved.

Thanks in advance for any help on this problem.

Dave
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Backup Exec V8.5 V3572

I get a similar error and i haven,t installed backup exec yet !!

I get error 5 when trying to upgrade firmware .

I need a solution