1752453 Members
6043 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Backup with HP DLT Autoloader 818

Jose_129
Regular Advisor

Backup with HP DLT Autoloader 818

I have a HP DLT Autoloader 818 connected to a server HP9000 and use legato of oracle to make backups, when the backup is greater to 10GB the backup is cancelled.

That can cause this?

JC
Change password in way single user, beginning in multiuser way console
4 REPLIES 4
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Re: Backup with HP DLT Autoloader 818

10GB should be easy to back up with that autoloader.

Do you get any error messages?

Do you have any timestamp information for when the backup started and when it was cancelled?

Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
You can test the autoloader with some easy stuff like cpio, tar or fbackup.
Try to put something together with these tools larger than 10 GB. It will show, what it could be ( either the drive or the Legato config ).
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Jose_129
Regular Advisor

I insert three cartridges to the Autoloader, begins the backup, one carchucho uses 5Gb, soon 30Gb, finally use 20GB, random the use of the cartridges.
Change password in way single user, beginning in multiuser way console
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

I'm not certain I understand your post about how you are using the autoloader. I think you said that for any tape you use you only get 20GB on the tape before the job quits.

Check the "COMPRESSION" setting on the front panel under "CONFIG *" with a tape in the drive. If it says "OFF" then you need to get your application configured to turn it on.

Is it possible that the tapes were formatted in a DLT4000 drive? That would set them to an uncompressed capacity of 20GB. You have to do a write from beginning of tape to change the format. Some ISV's put a header that they never overwrite so I always do a full erase so make certain I write from the start of tape.

I'll be aware for a week. Hopefully you can get this figured out.