StoreEver Tape Storage
1751703 Members
5084 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Barcodes not readable after firmware upgrade.

Michael Trankjaer

Barcodes not readable after firmware upgrade.

After i have upgraded my MSL5060 LTO library with the latest firmware, barcodes are no longer readable from Dataprotector 5.

What has happened?

Regards

/Michael

6 REPLIES 6
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Barcodes not readable after firmware upgrade.

Are you using non standard or self printed barcode?
Have you tryed to downgrade FW and see if you can read them

marino
Michael Trankjaer

I'm using self printed standard barcodes for HP.

No i did not try to downgrade fw because i don't have the firmware from before the upgrade.

Where can i get older firmware versions?
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

I suppose you used LTT to upgrade, Ltt let you connect to the HPwebsite and retreive the FW you want, you call select several versions previous the current one. (under File>get file from web )
You only need a password to be able to downgrade FW, this password should be asked to HP support, explain why you need it and they will release one for you.
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

You mention you are using self printed labels. It is very possible that the firmware update changed the barcode reading algorithm so that it no longer works with your barcodes. HP has very tight requirements on the blank lead in, character size, character spacing, and several other features. This makes it difficult to use self printed labels but gives us excellent results reading damaged labels. We chose to read virtually every label that fits our specs rather than read every 3of9 label but not be able to read damaged labels. Self printed labels will work fine as long as the meet the specs

Do you see barcodes in the front panel? If you do then the problem is not with your barcodes.
Michael Trankjaer

It can read some of the barcode labels.

The barcodes is not visible in the frontpanel or the webinterface, well some of them is.

The labels are created with NetC Label System, and should meet the HP specs.
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

What version of firmware were you using before the upgrade? There is nothing about barcode reader changes in the latest release notes but the problem you describe is what usually occurs when a self printed label doesn't meet the specs and the reading algorithm is changed.