108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Booting from recovery tape

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nelson Laracuente
Frequent Advisor

Booting from recovery tape

I have successfully backed up our RX1600. We acquired this server so that we can play with it and make the mistakes on this one and not the production or development HP-UX boxes. I installed Ignite-UX and was able to make a make_tape_recovery. My VP wants me to test and see if I can boot from the tape. I have found that it is not supported but there is a work around. I have placed the install DVD and rebooted the system. I cannot get to the EFI Boot Manager to tell it to boot from the tape. Any ideas???? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor
Solution

There won't be an option to boot from tape drive from within EFI Boot Manager.

There is a option to boot from DVD. Select it to boot from DVD first. Then select the " Install HP-UX " -> "Media only installation " -> Advanced Installation options.

Thereafter select "Boot from CD/DVD, Recover from " option and then select the desired tape drive.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

The boot from tape has been added recently:

http://docs.hp.com/en/5991-6397/5991-6397.pdf

marino
Nelson Laracuente
Frequent Advisor

I can't get to the EFI Boot Manager to tell it to boot from the tape recovery. When I hit any key to stop the boot it takes me to a weird prompt and it will not let me do anything but to normally boot it. Is there another way I can access the EFI menu? Thanks.