New Discussion юеВ

Re: C1537 Dat Drive Windows XP

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris_234
Occasional Advisor

Hi

I now realise that if the dat drive doesn't show up in the scsi utility its not worth proceeding to the operating system. What's confusing me is that it find itself on scsi id 7 but nothing else. Even tried another internal dat drive (HP Surestore DAT24), but again not seen by the scsi card. Could my card still be defective even though it finds itself using the scsi utility and also recongised and say's "working perfectly in windows"?. I suppose could be an internal scsi lead problem. Hopefully when the NEW scsi card arrives it will include an internal scsi lead, (AHA2940UA)
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

yes the card may have some kind of trouble on the scsi interface, so it can recognize itself but cannot communicate on the scsi bus, but the problem may also be related to the cable or to the device .
Chris_234
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Meloni, Eugeny and Vincent for all your help. I've changed the Scsi card to a Q-TEC 210S Fast Scis-II PCI Card and "eureka" the tape drive is now listed in device manager. Obviously, the controller card had some problem, now sitted at the bottom of a bin. Luckily the tape drive was ok. Now got to find some suitable software so that I can archieve my files. What programs work with Windows XP. I have seen a program called DATMAN which mounts the tape as a drive but I am unsure whether this will work with XP. Does Tapeassure work with XP. Any ideas?
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Do not trow it away so fast :o)
Check fuses on the board. They may cause inoperable SCSI bus
Eugeny
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Nice to heard you found the problem.
Related to the BU SW, I suggest you to use the internal applet of XP (NTBackup), this should be enouth for save your data
marino