1752314 Members
5442 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

C1537A Help :-(

Emma Bentley

C1537A Help :-(

Hi there im hopeing you lot can help me on this , i have recently purchases an C1537A Tape drive , the drive problem is the constant Amber light on .. and HP System works wont Allow all settings to be displayed it runs in restricted mode , and i cant generate a ticket to post on here , but here is the info it says in Drive Information

Product ID :C1537A
Drive Technolagy : DDS-3
Mech. Serial # : N/A
Firmware Revision :L111
SCSI Target ID : 3
SCSI LUN 0
OBDR: Present

i hope you can help me

Love Emma x
7 REPLIES 7
Brad Baron
Frequent Advisor

Re: C1537A Help :-(

Hello Emma. The solid amber led usually means a fault condition. A flashing amber means clean if I remember but the solid isn't good. Make sure you aren't trying to use DDS-4 tape that may also cause you issues. I cannot comment on the System works portion, sorry. If you find it to be faulted it should still be under warranty if you just purchased it.

Good luck!
Mahesh Kumar Malik
Honored Contributor

Hi Emma

Insert Cleaning tape to clean drive head and use supported media. User manaul supplied with drive will also provide info on LED codes.

Regards
Mahesh
Emma Bentley

hiya thanks for your help , but the tape drive wont let a tape in at all wont go in ... dosnt do anything at all in HP System Works it just says its limited diagnostic and wont let me do anything with it ... looks like i should take it back thanks for your help

Love Emma
Emma Bentley

hi , sorry to post again but i think what it is , is the mechanicum to make the drive accept the tape is stuck apparently there's a reset cach somwahre to make it work , any ideas ? ,

Love Emma xxx
Brad Baron
Frequent Advisor

I have seen tape drives not accept tapes when they are the wrong type. But if you think you have a mechanism problem I encourage you to get a warranty/contract replaceement right away and not hassle with it. A full power cycle of the unit might clear up the issue. You might also make sure about your SCSI ids and if there are other devices on the bus. Doesn't sound like that is your issue just thinking out loud.
Shaun_7

Hi Emma

The reason why the Diagnostic is running in restricted mode is probably due to installing a newer version over an older version.What I advised is to remove LTT using add/remove programs and download and run this utility : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=co-18262-2

This will remove any previous files that may be still on your system.

If there tape is stuck I would advised to try a force eject

See here for details on how to do so :
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=42846&prodTypeId=12169&objectID=lpg51173

If tape ejects then I would Suggest running the HP LTT diagnostics to find out what is causing the Error Condition Signal.You can download the latest version from here : http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=406731&taskId=135&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=406729тМй=en&cc=us

First thing I would do is update the Firmware revision to L411.And then run through each test.This wil check the drive and see if it is working.

If still failing then check to see if your drive is in warranty here : http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/WarrantySingleLookup.jsp?locale=en_US&prodSeriesId=42846&prodTypeId=12169

If in warranty and is still failing then I would see about getting a warranty replacement.
generic_1
Respected Contributor

IF the drive was working before, and now doesnt and has a amber light even after cleaning it. That is begging for please service me :).

Make sure your media is the right type and that the tape lenght is not too long for what your drive is rated, and no write protect is on.

I think you have a device that needs to be serviced though.