3119 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C1537A - Win2K Server SP4 - NTBackup - Problem

Peter Gans
Occasional Contributor

C1537A - Win2K Server SP4 - NTBackup - Problem

Hi,

I'm using the HP C1537A Streamer on Windows 2000 Server SP4 and NTBackup and get allways the same problem.
After the daily backup sometimes the verify failed and the streamer does not recognize any tape. In the media librarry the streamer says it's empty but a tape is in the streamer.

After a restart of the computer all is fine again for a few days and then it begins again.

It seems to me like that the streamer hangup.
Firmware is 111. What can I do?
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Check SCSI bus - cables, terminator(s), another devices... Try using HP recommended addon card http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50063.html , maybe try HP driver for DAT drive and adaptec drivers for the card
Eugeny
Jeffrey Willemsen
Frequent Advisor

Could be the errorlog is full, log is cleared by flashing firmware (even it is already the same version). You can do that (and diagnose the drive for errors) with HP Library & Tapetools, please download that and give it a try. It scans the drive for errors in its log and there are some diagnostic tests available (i suggest a read/write test minimum).

Jeffrey
Don't change a working configuration
Peter Gans
Occasional Contributor

SCSI Cabeling and Host are ok.
The errorlog can't be full - after a newstart (with power off) of the server all is fine.

I belive the device is hanging up - can I make a rest to the device only?