5594 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C1539-00210

Christian Peter
Frequent Advisor

C1539-00210

hi,

how can i make a firmware update on the HP C1539-00210 ?

actually Firmware A612

but HP L&TT doen't allow to update to A907
error: wrong personality...

but how i get the right personality???

greetings chris
4 REPLIES 4
AwadheshPandey
Honored Contributor

just check this thread it may help u.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=511815

Awadhesh
It's kind of fun to do the impossible
Christian Peter
Frequent Advisor

thanks, but helped not really :(

i know that the drive is original hp, but how i get the right firmware from the oem manufacture? how i can find out the name of the "company" with firmware A612? questions over questions :(
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

"wrong personality"
is generated when LTT can not determine that the drive and firmware are matching. This is a safety feature of LTT to prevent wrong firmware being flashed on incorrect models.

1)Make sure LTT is up to date there is a newer versin released Oct10, 2005, 3.5 SR4
2)in LTT click FILE athe top, and select "get files fom web"
3) make sure you select the rdaio button "show latest firmware only" For devices on this system.
4) let files download and close the 'get files' window
5) select your device and clcik the firmware button at the top of the screen
6) you should see your drive listed on the right hand side, put a checkmark in the box beside your drive and you should see a drop down menu below it that lists the current firmware.
7) start download, it should take 5-10 minutes to complete the transfer, do not interrupt this process

**There are a few reasons you will get a 'wrong personality'
If your drive's firmware got wiped out (by a power surge, or a previous unsuccessful firmware flash), if you are trying to select a firmware version that does not match the drive

If the new LTT and firmware flash do not cure the issue you probably have a drive that is dead and needs to be replaced.
As a one last attempt I can give you the link so you can manually get the file from HP's FTP server... but this still may not correct the wrong personality issue.

What is the reason you are upgrading the firmware?

Christian Peter
Frequent Advisor

the reason is that the actual firmware for c1539 drives is a907... the drive is not really working with a612... orange led sometimes lightning