4757 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

C1557A autoloader update trouble

Stefan Huebner
Occasional Contributor

C1557A autoloader update trouble

Dear forum,
I have a C1557A autoloader here which has accumulated a vast amount of errors (maybe due to worn media - Fuji) so that the LTT cannot check the unit completely but wants to update firmware. But - when I try to update, LTT hangs completely. I'm on a company network with firewall, may this be a problem? Anyway, the autoloader firmware is UL00 and the firmware for C1557A from LTT is U812, the file for C1537A is L111. Do I need both, I don't think so, I guess I'd only need the 1557 file. Can the U812 be used when a UL00 was used before, and if yes, where can I get the override password? Last question: is it correct that both LUNs show up as C1557A-UL00 ? Shouldn't be there a C1537A on LUN0 and the C1557A on LUN1? Maybe a problem with autochanger option switch...?

Regards
Stefan Huebner
2 REPLIES 2
Stefan Huebner
Occasional Contributor

Re: C1557A autoloader update trouble

Now I found the problem. Someone really smart has actually fiddled with the loader option switch - it was at 5 (Sun?) and not at 7 as it was when the unit came in, maybe an attempt to change SCSI ID... Now I will try to update firmware and the carry out the full test. What I still would like to know is whether a full error log of the drive/changer will influence normal operation.

regards
Stefan Huebner
Barrie Evans_1
Advisor

Re: C1557A autoloader update trouble

Stefan,

I can confirm that a full error log will not affect normal operation.

regards,
Barrie