Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
Tape Libraries and Drives
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBII Causes Printer Feed on Reboot (again)

KC_3
Occasional Advisor

CBII Causes Printer Feed on Reboot (again)

I have Colorado 8GB External Travan Drives with which I've used CBII Ver. 6.0 very successfully for several years. When I first acquired/installed them, the printers would feed a blank sheet on every reboot. HP Tech advised me to add "_HP" suffix to the drvwppqt.vxd file in the System/IOSUBSYS folder, i.e., "drvwppqt.vxd_HP." That resolved the problem.

However, I have now installed Ver. 9.1 and once again am having that printer feed problem. The "_HP" renaming is now ineffective. I've read HP's Article lpg13219 regarding this issue, but it seems to provide contradictory information.

I assume there is a simple solution, similar to that "_HP" renaming of drvwppqt.vxd for Ver. 6.0, but can't seem to find the fix for Ver. 9.1.

Hopefully, someone has experienced this with Ver. 9.1 and knows the answer(?)

lpg13219
2 REPLIES
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: CBII Causes Printer Feed on Reboot (again)

KC:

Consider upgrading to Veritas version. Info available at the following link:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg10065.html

Good luck,

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
KC_3
Occasional Advisor

Re: CBII Causes Printer Feed on Reboot (again)

Thanks for your reply, Roger. Unfortunately, Veritas HP CBII Version 9.1 *is* what I have installed, and that's when the printer feed problem came back up again.

With the prior CBII Ver. 6.0, that problem was resolved by just renaming drvwppqt.vxd to drvwppqt.vxd_HP. That worked just fine for the past 2 - 3 years, but is ineffective now with Ver. 9.1.

Would appreciate further guidance/info. There has to be a solution somewhere.....