4615 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CVTL 1.8 - Manage Library did not work

Dirk Lange
Occasional Advisor

CVTL 1.8 - Manage Library did not work

Hi,

i've some problems to manage a Library in Command View TL. There is no problem to discover the library, but if i try to manage it doesn't work.
If i press "manage Library" Command View runs into a loop and starts the CVTL Startpage again.
I Have done FW Update IFM (I180), update CVTL (1.80) but no changes. I tried 2 Versions of JAVA (1.4.2 and 1.5.0) but same effect.

Regards
Dirk
8 REPLIES 8
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Re: CVTL 1.8 - Manage Library did not work

What type of library are you trying to manage?
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Can you ping the library?

I would suggest to install CV on another pc/server and see if it work, CV can conflict with some other sw some time
Dirk Lange
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your response.

We try to manage a ESL9000 Library.
The Interface Manager works well. We can ping the library, manage Library via Cli, create Support Tickets only CVTL did not work correctly.
We installed CVTL also on another Server but same problem, it runs in a loop if we try to manage the Library.

Regards

Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

do you have the latest FW bundle installed?
Dirk Lange
Occasional Advisor

Yepp, latest FW Bundle is installed but same problem.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

I think you need to check out the explorer settings. When you click on "manage library", a new window gets pop-up.

Ensure that pop-up is not blocked and look for scripting settings in explore options.
Dirk Lange
Occasional Advisor

I think Windows Settings are ok. If if i click on manage Library, a new window is opened, but in this Window the CVTL Main Screen is loaded again.
Colette Howe 1
Frequent Advisor

Sometimes just deleting and re-adding the library will make it functional.

Check your version of autopass. This was pulled from the 1.80 release notes.

The ESL-e Series library can report a LicenseServerException: "invalid product name:" CvEslLicenseModule when using Command View TL to manage the library and access the license folder.

This is because Command View for Tape Libraries uses the Autopass license server version 4.31.00, and may not coexist with applications using other Autopass versions. HP applications using other Autopass versions include Cluster Extension EVA or XP, Fast Recovery Solutions EVA or XP, and Data Protector.

(Refer to white paper part #397027-002 found at http://www.hp.com/support/cvtl )