New Discussion юеВ

Cartridge Move operation failed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dhananjaya Amarakoon
Regular Advisor

Cartridge Move operation failed

Dear All

I have MSL 6060 tape library and got following error when try to move tape from tape drive to slot by manually. I did it manually because it wasn't move automatically after complete the backup.

It gives following error in web interface.

"Cartridge Move operation failed"

and also in the tape library following error display on the screen

Fault Handler
Fault Code: 200F[slot]
Removal Prevented

Please anyone can help me regarding this ?

thanks and Regards.
Dhananjaya Amarakoon
4 REPLIES 4
Wei Jung
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cartridge Move operation failed

Hi Dhananjaya, I'm a bit confused here, are you getting fault handler or FSC 200F? Because they are not the same at all.

If it's fault handler, make sure to check the path of the picker for misplaced cartridges, by opening the MSL library and removing the magazines. Make sure everything is in it's place. After that power cycle the library, if the error on handler remains, run the Force Reconfiguration in the Maintenance menu. If it ask you for a password, the default is 5566.

If the error you are getting is the Removal Prevented, FSC 200F, well this is caused by the software blocking the MSL library and allowing it to eject tape or become ready. Most of the times backup software block the library while backing up, this to prevent people accidentally ejecting the tape in the middle of a job. Well sometimes the backup software will just keep locking the drives. So you can either disconnect the SCSI cables from the server to the library and cycle the power on the library or try closing the backup application and it's services and try to eject again.
Dhananjaya Amarakoon
Regular Advisor

Hi Wei Jung

Thanks for your guide. Tape cardrige eject successfully after I power down and power up the MSL 6060 library. Earlier error code I saw in touch screen window.

Fault Handler
Fault Code: 200F[slot]
Removal Prevented

Also I check the status of the driver and see "Cardrige Removal Prevented : yes "

I believe that is the reason why tape didn't eject from Driver because after restart the MSL 6060, above status became to "no"

So is there any possible way to change this status or come a cross this kind of problem without restart the power of MSL 6060 ?

Thanks and Regards
Dhanajaya Amarakoon

Wei Jung
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Great, so what type or operative system are you running? Will that be Windows based or Linux?

If it's Linux, you can try disconnecting the SCSI cables and attempt a eject from the drive.
In Windows, you could try it but sometimes the library won't be recognized any more by the operative system :), and you will need to restart the server.
Also there is an option in the Maintenance Menu that you could try "Eject Tape from Drive".
The other option will be to Select Maintenance> Replace drive and deactivate the drive that is not allowing you to eject the tape, but I'm not sure if the software will allow you to do it, it should anyway.

I think that will be the options you got.

Regards,

Dhananjaya Amarakoon
Regular Advisor

Hi Wei Jung
Thanks you very much for guide me to solve my problem.

Thanks and Regards
Dhananjaya Amarakoon