5520 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Change a Drive in MSL5026

Edorta S├бez
Advisor

Change a Drive in MSL5026

Hi,

I've a problem with a MSL5026. I've changed the drive. Now in the Device Management console (Windows 2000 SP4) I see 2 drives. And in Veritas Backupexec the backups don't work if I use the library. If I use the new drive the backups run without any problem.
My library is attached to a fibre switch from the NSR1200 router. I've the last drivers and firmwares of all devices.
I've also attached 5 servers. Two clusters and a Server. The same problem in 5 machines.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Magnus Frick
Trusted Contributor

Re: Change a Drive in MSL5026

Hi,

Drive hardware id changes, maybe you need to remove and readd it in the nsr, also check that it has the right target id.

Thanks,

Magnus
Brian Bleijenberg
Frequent Advisor

Hi Edorta

You should also (if the nsr settings are ok) check the touch screen if the Serial number (concerning the serialization) matches that of your new drive. You can find also find lots of usefull information regarding replacements in the user/maint guides.

Greetz
Brian
Edorta S├бez
Advisor

Thanks a lot.
I'll try it.
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

Aftr replacement of the drive it is very adviseable to run the "device configuration wizard" in BackupExec. Also with Backupexec. it is very important!!! to reboot the backup environment in the right order.
1. Tapelibrary
2. NSR (or both if it is a built in one.
3. Master backup server
4. Other backupservers

Also make sure that on all w2k and w2k3 servers that can see the library to disable the "removable storage" service.
Edorta S├бez
Advisor

I've make these steps:

1. I've rebooted the library.
2. I've uninstall device drivers from backupexec of all devices.
3. I've rebooted the backup master server.
4. I've rebooted the other servers.
5. I've installed the drivers in backupexec.

I think that the principal problem was that I hadn't rebooted the servers. Now all the backup servers work fine, like before changing the tape drive.

Thank you very much.