4165 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cleaning DLT7000

Tiago Marques_2
Advisor

Cleaning DLT7000

Hi!

I have a DLT7000 1/8, and I need to use a cleaning tape in that.
I just put the tape and I performed the loading position for it. Is there a command to perform the cleaning process using this cleaning tape??

Thanks

Tiago
eestimq
3 REPLIES 3
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning DLT7000

Tiago,

Once the cleaning tape is put into the drive, the drive knows it's a cleaning tape, and will proceed accordingly, and it should self-eject the cleaning tape. There are no other commands to perform.

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Cleaning tapes have different headers than normal tapes. Thus, they are read to be as such. The cleaning cycle is performed automatically and the cartidge is unloaded again automatically.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

On the 1/8 there are two ways you can clean the drive. As others have noted the drive recognizes the cleaning tape automatically and will clean when you use the normal load from the front panel.

The preferred method for cleaning the drive in that library however is to use the "CLEAN DRIVE *" option under the "ADMIN *" menu. When that option is selected it will ask you which slot has the cleaning tape and will then move it to the drive and clean it for you. The differences between the methods are that the "CLEAN DRIVE" option besides handling the load/unload automatically also checks for clean success/failure (sometimes cleaning has to be done twice), and checks for expired cleaning tapes. This method will also mark the slot as containing a cleaning tape so that if you are using stacker mode it won't get loaded into the drive since DLT drives are not supposed to be cleaned that frequently.