StoreEver Tape Storage
1752589 Members
4203 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Client cannot connect to server after change Ultrium 448

MatthewL

Client cannot connect to server after change Ultrium 448

Recently I bought the Ultrium 448 for my ML530G2 server in order to speed up the backup speed, I currently using Adaptec 29160 Ultra160 SCSI card and HP DLT VS80 external drive. BrightStor v9.0 is my backup software being use.
I replace the HP DLT VS80 with Ultrium 448 drive on Monday, and I run my testing backup by BrightStor with successful result. Therefore, I schedule my backup job at 9pm and the backup can complete successfully as well.
Unforunately, on Tue night backup, the backup job hang up at around 75% and all clients said they are not able to access the share folders on the server.
I check the server status and it running properly (except the backup job hang up at 75%). I try to reboot the server and run the backup on other schedule time...but the problem still exist.
I have applied the latest service pack provided by BrightStor and the problem still exist.
Just want to know if there is any compatiability issue for Ultrium 448 with ProLiant ML530G2 with Adaptec 29160 SCSI card.
2 REPLIES 2
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

No issues.

This is probably configuration related. No drivers should be installed in device manager on the tape drive for ARCSERVE. Instead the tape drive should be disabled in device manager for proper ARCserve configuration. See doc below:

http://supportconnectw.ca.com/premium/storage/infodocs/basb11win/TEC342813.pdf

(you have to be a member at arcserve website to view)
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

Here is the PDF if you are not an ARCserve member.