5905 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Co-locating HP StorageWorks D2D2502i - G2

sphar
Advisor

Co-locating HP StorageWorks D2D2502i - G2

Hi all,

I have 2 x HP StorageWorks D2D2502i - G2 in testing courtesy of HP.

As per D2D Backup System HP D2D2502 and HP D2D2504 G2 User Guide (c02295072.pdf), I've co-located the source/target D2D appliances on the same remote site / subnet to perform the initial replication seeding from source to target appliance.

However upon moving the target appliance to the data centre, it reports its status as "OFFLINE" given it is now in a different subnet with a different IP.

How does one re-establish the broken replication between the source/targets?

Thanks,

Steve
4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Co-locating HP StorageWorks D2D2502i - G2

Hello

Are they accessible?
Like can you ping between the D2D subnets?
Maybe that's the problem?

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02511912/c02511912.pdf

Is a best practices for D2D and replication.
Went through it now quickly but couldn't find anything about what to do after separating the d2ds.

Maybe somebody else on the forum has done this.
Dave Dewar
Trusted Contributor

As the previous poster said you need to verify that you don't have any network issues communicating between the two networks. Also, make sure you have opened the replication ports through any firewall once connectivity has been established. Port numbers are configurable - my guess is you would have used the defaults. You can see a report of key parameters under the GUI replication section.

On the GUI under replication->partner appliances there is the ability to do a traceroute on both source and target sides.There should also be an edit button on teh source side on the same GUI section that will allow you to change the ip address of the target.

Cheers,

Dave Dewar
sphar
Advisor

Thanks guys for the tips, I changed the target D2D appliance IP address to the new subnet at the data center and it re-established the replication.

However the source D2D appliance states:

"A Slot Mapping is not in sync - Library 1, Slot Mapping 1"

How does one re-sync a slot?

I've performed a full backup to slot 1 expecting it to replicate but to no avail.

Thanks.
Dave Dewar
Trusted Contributor

If the source and target are re-established connectivity wise then changing the data on a cartridge on the source should be enough to cause a resync event.

Make sure the cartridge you have backed up to is not still loaded in the virtual drive and you don't have any black out windows set up.

Replication of out of sync items will only occur once the following are all true:
1. that item is closed at the source end
2. there is no black out window active at either end
3. there is an available replication channel (the maximum number of concurrent jobs at source and target has not been reached - for a 2502 G2 that is 4 and 8 respectively)

On the GUI under replication->virtual tape mapping-> slot details you should be able to see a list of slot status's

Cheers,

Dave Dewar