StoreEver Tape Storage
1753479 Members
4926 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Colorado 5GB External: not found

Larry James

Colorado 5GB External: not found

Within my workgroup, we have 5 of these external drives. Our laptops have been reloaded with Windows 2000 Pro. I installed cb2v90.zip, after downloading it from the HP site. It would not work and then I downloaded win2kdrivers.exe. I copied the files to the specific folders mentioned in the readme file. My system hardware list does show the HP drive. However, when using the backup wizard, I get to the point where it should start backing up the files and I get the message "backup device not found". Any feedback would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Neil Ryan
Advisor

Re: Colorado 5GB External: not found

Just a thought... are these laptops in docking stations? If so, therein lies your problem. External Travan drives are not supported on docking stations. I would also suggest disabling the Removable Storage Manager service in Win2k. (Start, Run, services.msc) then locate Removable Storage and double-click it. Click Stop, and then set the startup type to disabled, then reboot.

Then follor the directions in the readme file and install the win2kdrivers.exe, then install CBII.

Good luck!
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't." - Lewis Finch
Joey Jackson
Frequent Advisor

Re: Colorado 5GB External: not found

Good thought Neil,

However, it's odd that his system sees it and the software does not, if it were in a docking station it would not be seen at all (typicaly). I think the problem lies with the software/drivers. have you tried the Windows backup, if that doesn't work, it's drivers, if it does, it's CBII. At least that should narrow it down!

Every Day is a Good Day