1752800 Members
5694 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Colorado T3000 Software !Please!

Samuel Rosas Ceballos
Occasional Contributor

Colorado T3000 Software !Please!

I Have a tape backup Colorado T3000 and their drivers. 3 years ago i didn??t use it but i have a lot of tapes. i installed the T3000 and the drivers good work but the software to use the unit !Don??t Work!
The software is for Win 95 and i have a pc Win98. the error message says that probably there is a damaged file.
i know that hp don??t give support for this unit but I want to know if there is a compatible software that i can use for this unit. I Repeat the drivers are working good but the software no.
6 REPLIES 6
Dan_139
Advisor

I would go to HP's web site and type in "5GB" as the product. under windows 98 you can download CBII v8.0. This software should work with your drive.
knowlegde is key to what?
Samuel Rosas Ceballos
Occasional Contributor

Mr. Dan:
thanks a lot for your message, but i tried download the software and i can??t. Maybe the link is broken or the software isn??t there.
do you think that i can get the software in other place? or you know another software compatible, maybe cb2 for win2K or nt4.0 I don??t know.

Thanks for advance
Jeff_194

go to any other travan drive such as 20gb or 14gb and it should have the exact same version of CBII to download for the O/S you have.
Samuel Rosas Ceballos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Mr. Jeff but the problem is that i can??t download anything form support and driver's page of HP. all the links download files whit 0 Kb of size. Maybe the service is off for a while? Did you download something from this page lately?
Samuel Rosas Ceballos
Occasional Contributor

OK. Finally i downloaded the file cb2v8.0 for Win98 and i installed on my PC. Then the PC recognize the tape backup Unit like a Colorado QIC-3020 Drive not like a colorado T3000. Anyway I test the software and It runs good but when i try to restore files recorded on my tapes show a dialog box that says what the format of the files on the tape is not compatible. What can i do?

Thanks for advance
madoc
Trusted Contributor

The problem is that the 'type' of colorado backup has changed over the years. The software was produced by a couple of different developers, each using a different engine.

This effectively means that later versions of colorado backup are not compatible with earlier versions (and vice versa).

I am afraid that the only option might be to rebuild using the earlier software and recover any important files. I have some other versions of Colorado which might do the trick on Win98 but I am not sure.
Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines