108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Command line options are not working in Win2k ntbackup.exe with HP Dat drive

SOLVED
Go to solution
Manikandan k
Occasional Advisor

Command line options are not working in Win2k ntbackup.exe with HP Dat drive

I have all variety of HP DAT drives(2/4, 4/8, 12/24 and 40GB) connected in Win2k machines with diff roles(Prof.and advanced servers.) I am trying to automate the backup through command line as well as the GUI scheduler in ntbackup. Its launching the application and immediatly it closes without any error message. The Ntbackup GUI scheduler also makes a batch file with required options and creates one task in Task scheduler, which is also not starting the backup. If anyone came across this problem please let me know.
3 REPLIES 3
Jim Paige
Advisor
Solution

Re: Command line options are not working in Win2k ntbackup.exe with HP Dat drive

Hope this helps!

I have had a similar problem with Travan tape drives and ntbackup. The difficulty appeared to be with the Removable storage manager's handling of the tapes. I found that the MS support documents Q239892 (How to schedule backups using a Stand-alone tape library) which has links to other helpful documents (try Q267574). Also ensure that you are at least up to service pack 2 on the machines running the backups.
The moons a balloon
Manikandan k
Occasional Advisor

Re: Command line options are not working in Win2k ntbackup.exe with HP Dat drive

Hi,
I hope i can solve this problem.
Excellent reply.

Thanks a lot for the information
Mani
Robert Bean
Advisor

I found a document on Microsofts page that informs you of thne batch file that you have to use in order to to Use Command Line Parameters With the "Ntbackup". Here is the link for you:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q300439