4392 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Connecting Dell Powervault 136T to an RP5470

Luis Toro
Regular Advisor

Connecting Dell Powervault 136T to an RP5470

Hello,
I am trying to direct connect a Dell Powervault tape silo to an RP5470 (Tachyon fiber card). Whenever I run an ioscan, I get a warning on the FC i/o path that "it appears that there are (or were) more than one device with the same address (nport ID) setting of 0x0...". The silo was connected to a Solaris server, and the SUN box was able to see the drives and robot. I simply unplugged the cable from the SUN server and plugged it into the HP server, but I don't see anything behind that path.
2 REPLIES 2
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Re: Connecting Dell Powervault 136T to an RP5470

I trust that by "Direct Connect" you mean AL (Arbitrated Loop or Point 2 Point) configuration? Have you tried rebooting both your Library and the server yet?
Hakuna Matata.
Luis Toro
Regular Advisor

Re: Connecting Dell Powervault 136T to an RP5470

By "direct connect", I mean that there is no switch in the middle. Since this is in a remote location, I'm not sure if the silo has been rebooted. We have rebooted the server several times. Evidently, you can configure the fiber connection on the silo for either point-to-point or AL. We've tried both, and AL seems to yield better results (ie., less errors), but we still do not see any devices on the HP server. I have the operator boot the silo to see if that has an impact.
Thanks