StoreEver Tape Storage
1753523 Members
8385 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Connection problem between DL 180 (with P800 controller) and Storage Works 1/8 G2 Autoloader via SAS

-duke-

Connection problem between DL 180 (with P800 controller) and Storage Works 1/8 G2 Autoloader via SAS

Hi,

I have a DL 180 with a P800 SAS controller running under win 2003. The P800 controller provides an internal Raid 5. Now I want connect the P800 controller also with a StorageWorks 1/8 G2 autoloader via Sas ( SFF8080-SFF8080). My problem is that the drive is shown properly but I cant find the autoloader in the Windows device manager. I have read that I have to change the Luns of the Storageworks but I have no idea where I can change the LUNs. The ACU shows me an tape device but I cant configure anything of the tapedevice

Can somebody help?
1 REPLY 1
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

Re: Connection problem between DL 180 (with P800 controller) and Storage Works 1/8 G2 Autoloader via SAS

From the User and service guide:

The device uses multiple LUNs to communicate with the Autoloader. Most SAS RAID controllers do not support multiple LUNs. Check the EBS matrix at http://www.hp.com/go/ebs to find a SAS HBA that is supported on your server and qualified with the Autoloader.

From the Quickspecs:
HP SC44Ge Host Bus Adapter
NOTE: Recommended serial-attached SCSI (SAS) HBA for connecting a1/8 G2 LTO Ultrium SAS Tape Autoloader to HP ProLiant Servers.