1753481 Members
4505 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Constant Cleaning

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Constant Cleaning

This unit is used for enterprise level backup. The jobs run from daily 120GB to weekly 160GB. The tape unit itself constantly indicates it needs cleaning, at least daily, sometimes several times a day. If an inventory is done, usually a cleaning is required. We have the latest firm ware available on the Compaq web site. Any ideas welcome.
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am experiencing the same problem with my TL881, I'm not sure about my firmware being up-to-date. I'm using ARCServeIT 6.61 with SP2a on NT 4.0 w/SP5. In fact I just did an inventory, the first tape drive sent an alert it needed cleaned, so I did that. Then I started formatting 4 tapes and it failed with an alert that the drive needed cleaning again! What gives?!?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

simply apply the latest NTssd Nssd for netware. it solves this issue
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi we are having the same problems as this and will try the NTssd route when we can schedule some downtime. Also would this lead to Insightmanager XE reporting the Device as a ajor Failure with last error code 95, or is this some other problem. The tape lib still works and the backups are running sucessfully. We only realy noticed the errors after starting to use Insightmanager XE on a regular basis to check these things.

Trev.