1752613 Members
4475 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: D2D 2504i

Humphrey McGee
Occasional Advisor

D2D 2504i

Trying to import a tape that was created with the D2D with tape attach. Import job will get to 100% copied, but it will never complete. It just sits there forever on 100% copied until you cancel the job. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

Hi,

What backup software are you using?

PS I've had a few questions about these devices and just asked another one. They don't appear to be that popular, which is suprising given how well mine has been performing.
Humphrey McGee
Occasional Advisor

Well, we use Backup Exec 12.5 on a Windows 2003 Standard server. But when we first got this equipment, the tape autoloader was connected directly to the D2D, and I used the web management interface to copy the backup from the D2D to the autoloader. So backup exec made the backup from the host (server) to the D2D, and then that data was copied to the tape device. But after a couple weeks the autoloader quit working. Then HP replaced the drive component. Then it worked for another couple weeks and then quit again. After a run-around that would have sent Phileas Fogg over the edge, HP finally replaced the defective autoloader. I have tried restoring the tapes that were copied from D2D to (the original defective) autoloader using backup exec with the new working autoloader connected straight to the host, and also tried importing using the WMI and the autoloader connected directly to the D2D. My best guess is the defect in the original autoloader is the cause. But I'll update the thread if I find out any new information. Thanks again.