StoreEver Tape Storage
1752572 Members
4534 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: D2D2504i tape attach missing

Nuno Slva

D2D2504i tape attach missing

i have a HP SC44ge inside D2D2504i and 1/8 Tape library connected, but i cannot see the option "tape attach" on configuration Web interface on D2D2504i?? I have all options but "tape Attach" is missing.
Can you please help?
3 REPLIES 3
Dave Dewar
Trusted Contributor

Nuno,

What generation of D2D2504i do you have? The HP product number for your product should be EJ002 and then be followed by either an A or a B. The A version (generation 1) supports direct tape attach offload and the B version (generation 2) does not. If you have the A version then obviously there is some other issue which we would require further information to resolve. If you have the B version then that is why there is no tape attach option in the gUI.

If you want to obtain a physical tape copy of virtual cartridges for the B version you can use image copy or equivalent functionality in your ISV software with the advantage that you ISV software has visibility and control of the physical tape copy process that was not available with the direct tape attach mode in G1.

Cheers,

Dave Dewar
Nuno Slva

Hi Dave,
yes, it seams that this option is no longer available in G2, i have contacted HP Support and they told me that "tape attach" is not Available because of performance issues.
Well, i have Data Protector and i will use it to copy Disk-to-Tape.
Many thanks.

Cheers.
Nuno Slva

Option no longer supported in G2.