1752789 Members
5920 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DAT 40I

Tim collins_5

DAT 40I

I have an nt 4.0 server with a dat 40i. The driver says it is not started. Although it seems to work with the HP software. I cannot get it to work with vertas exec. I think it is because the driver is not started. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no use. It may be somthing simple I am missing, but I cannot figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk, Disk Arrays (Legacy) to Tape Libraries and Drives - HP Forums Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: DAT 40I

Hello Tim,
- try to operate drive from NT backup utility. If it will work I guess veritas backup should be checked;
- install HP Library and Tape Tools ( http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50128.html ) and see what it will tell you about this drive. Run tests, analyze device, upgrade its firmware;
- I feel driver may not be started because it is not needed - dat40i device was not discovered by your system - check SCSI controller, cables, termination, SCSI Ids (no conflicts, remove other devices off the bus to check)
Eugeny
Tim collins_5

Re: DAT 40I

NT backup will erase the tape but it will not backup to it. It says there is a hardware problem. I will download the tape tools and check my scsi chain. Thanks for the info. I will let you know how it goes.

Tim