1748181 Members
4092 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DAT Error - E6936 Arcserve 2000

bourdiol

DAT Error - E6936 Arcserve 2000

Hello.

I had the E6936 error on Arcserve (Proliant ML370T01 NT4).
How can I eject the drive on NT4 ?
Arcserve doesn't see the tape inside. The led indicate that there's a tape inside (no blink). I tried to stop and restart the services... I can't eject the DAT.
Any idea ?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

I guess you want to eject tape, not drive :o)
Does this DAT drive has eject button? Try operating it. If it will not eject then try pressing this button and holding it for ~5 seconds. It will force drive to do emergency eject. Post results here
Eugeny
bourdiol

yes, it was the tape :)
(I'm french)

Thanks for your answer, but it does not solve it !
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

You have 2 problems:
- arcserve error
- you can not eject tape
Did you manage to eject tape following my recommendation? If yes, then insert new tape and try with arcserve if it will display this error again; if no, then reboot server. If reboot will help then install HP LTT from http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50128.html , diagnose drive, generate support ticket and attach to your next reply; if reboot will not help then check all connections to DAT drives - SCSI/power cable, etc. If you'll not find anything wrong then you have drive dead
Eugeny
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Sorry, one correction. Instead reboot you should power cycle server - power it off, wait until all leds will turn off, then power it on. This will assure that DAT drive was physically power cycled and previous erroneous state was reset
Eugeny
bourdiol

Thank you so much !
The power cycle server solved the pb.

See u :)