StoreEver Tape Storage
1753481 Members
4949 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DAT24 Offline, ArcServe

Bill Simpson

DAT24 Offline, ArcServe

Stand alone workstation running XP Pro. ArcServe 2000 installed and I'm attempting to configure it to backup to a single SureStore DAT24. The hardware is setup correctly, XP sees the tape drive. Arcserve manager show's the device as offline. I've checked the HP knowledge base and the 2 articles I've found on this did not help. They stated something about "reinitialize" the device though the Arcserve manager. I can not find this function. Pls help! Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: DAT24 Offline, ArcServe

hi

from arcserve

Problem Description:
When viewing a changer/tape library in the ARCserve device manager, it is marked as offline. Tape drives may also not be assigned to the changer (i.e. tape drive is above the changer).

Problem Resolution:
This indicated that the library is not configured within ARCserve and the problem may be resolved by running the tape library setup program.

This can be done in ARCserve 6.6x/ARCserve 2000 by running Device Configuration, in ARCserve 6.5 by running the Tape Library Option setup, or in ARCserve 6.0 by running the Changer Option setup. In all cases, this program can be found in the ARCserve for Windows NT program group, under Start/Programs within Windows.

To make sure a library is setup properly, in ARCserve, run Device Configuration, and select Tape and Optical Library Setup. If the tape engine is running, it will also prompt you, asking if you agree to shut down the tape engine. This must be done to configure the device.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: DAT24 Offline, ArcServe

hi
here is the conplete linkhttp://support.ca.com/techbases/as2000/as2k-1040.html

bye

meloni