1751687 Members
6199 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DAT24i firmware downgrade

Martin_54

DAT24i firmware downgrade

Hi,

I just upgraded my DAT drive's firmware from L105 to L111. Now the backup software aborts every time reporting an I/O Error (Write Error). I tested the drive (a C1555D, recognized as C1537A) using the HP Library & Tape Tools. The test utility recognizes the drive, connection and drive self test work fine. When performing a read/write test, the write error occurs and the amber LED is blinking. The drive's head and capstan are absolutely clean, the tape I used is new.

I blame the firmware for that and so I'd like to downgrade it again. Where do I get the password needed for downgrading?
Or is there any other explanation for this fault?

Thanks for your help.
7 REPLIES 7
Steve W
Trusted Contributor

The forums don't permit me to post these passwords anymore, so reply with your email address and I will send you it. Otherwise you need to call HP Support to obtain one. BTW, I've not heard of r/w problems *after* upgrading firmware.
Martin_54

Hi Steve,

here's my email address: mh1@onlinehome.de

Thank you very much for your help.
Martin Rosik

Hi,

I've exactly the same problem with my C1537A. I'd be great if someone can send me the password too.

Thx, Martin

grigor

Hi,

I've exactly the same problem with my C1537A. I'd be great if someone can send me the password too.

Grigor Mishkov
g.mishkov@bells-security.com
Grigor Mishkov
Roman Woroch
Occasional Contributor

Same here. Now getting desparate. (1555 rptd as 1537 on LH3). Want to try DOWNGRADE as well, if it works.

Thanks,
RTW
freeform@dccnet.com

Arimo Laine_2
Valued Contributor

Hi

Might sound a stupid question... but has anyone tried updating the backup SW after FW update?

Arimo
madoc
Trusted Contributor

Instead of posting or dealing with incremental postings for passwords, which are temporary in nature then I advise you to contact your local HP telephone support and ask for one.......

http://productfinder.support.hp.com/tps/CLC?h_tool=phone
Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines