1752567 Members
5441 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DDS3-FIRMWARE

Ahmed Hassan_1
Advisor

DDS3-FIRMWARE

i had changed one dds3 drive which fixed in EX-drive and instailled in hp ux 9000 server T class,althougth the new drive is same c1537a.the speed of the backup is less than have of the orgnal one,the only differnt in FW rev,the new ons came with rev C,so how i can downgrade the FW for the new drive ?and where I can find the old FW files on the wep?or is there any ather way to solve this problem?
HASSAN
4 REPLIES 4
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Hello Ahmed,
if you have different hardware revision you'll not be able to change it. You can see firmware revision in the Support Tools Manager's Information submenu. I recommend you to install HP Library and Tape Tools and check if there's newer firmware for this drive, try running tests, etc. Firmware downgrade is possible, but you need to contact HP support to obtain .frm file and password for STM.
Do you really think that the problem in different fw revision? Did you check jumpers at the rear of drive when replacing it?
Eugeny
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Are you using a specific software to backup to the tape? If so, check the block size. This makes a big difference in backup speed. Recommended setting for this is 32k.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Ahmed Hassan_1
Advisor

hi all,
firest i am sure because i tried two new drives and i configured both with same dip sw setting as orgnal,both are very slow ,i am using fbackub,itried also from sam same echo,idid not change the old backup config file,so the only diffrance is in fw of the drive which is old !!!

ahmed
HASSAN
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Ahmed,
if you really sure that switches set up the same (bottom drive's switches, rear drive's jumpers) then:
- if you see "REV C" printed on the drive's PCA you'll not be able to change it - it's hardware revision of printed cirtuit assy;
- try installing (to windows or hpux host) HP Library and Tape Tools from hp web-site. I have it installed on my w2k and see L708, L907, L005, L105 and L111 firmwares available for C1537A in "Get files from web" submenu. But LTT can ask you for override password to downgrade firmware... in this case call HP.
Eugeny