1752805 Members
5852 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G4 and HPSW 1/8 Autoloader VS80

Ian McShane_2

DL380 G4 and HPSW 1/8 Autoloader VS80

Hi,

I'm trying to connect up my new StorageWorks 1/8 Autoloader to a DL380 G4 using the VHDSCSI port on the back of the server.
Once its all connected up and running, the Host is able to see the Tape Drive device but not the robotic library device.
I've run L&TT and it only picks up the actual drive. In Device Manager, only the drive is displayed "hp Storageworks VS80 Autoloader tape Drive".
I've tried changing the SCSI ID of the autoloader from its default (5) to 1 to see if it was a conflict but its not that.

Any ideas as to why this doesn't work?

Thanks

Ian
4 REPLIES 4
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

I suspect this on board controller does not support autoloaders. Suggest a C7474A card from HP or adaptec 29160 and make sure LUN support is enabled.
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
Ron Sutton
Advisor

Hi,

Yes, the smart array controller only supports LUN 0 devices. So you will need another HBA or a 1/8 LTO/SDLT autoloader.
Nodir

I am sorry for my English.

If you hav'n finished this a problem try to make so.
In properties of a computer-> the dispatcher of devices, switch off Medium Changer after that program Data Protector Manager will configure ├С ├С ├С ├Р┬░├С ├Р┬╛├Р┬╣├С
Nodir

I am sorry for my English.

If you hav'n finished this a problem try to make so.
In properties of a computer-> the dispatcher of devices, switch off Medium Changer after that program Data Protector Manager will configure ├С ├С ├С ├Р┬░├С ├Р┬╛├Р┬╣├С