1751894 Members
5200 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL580+SSL2020

CA1022670

DL580+SSL2020

Hi,

We have SSL2020 RKM attached to DL580 on separate Compaq SCSI card runnin NTSP6a and ArcServe. The TL (Tape Library) went offline and then we had its Drive AIT50 replaced the tape library came back online but it shows unrecognized Media. I had restart the server ,use new tapes and cleaning cartridge but the situation does not. I am stuck as we couldn't take backups for somedays and there isn't much on any site

Regards
Arbab

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archival Products to Tape Libraries and Drives - HP Forums Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
meloni
Honored Contributor

Re: DL580+SSL2020

If you only replace the drive, and nothing change, your drive should be recognized in Windows, Probably you should reconfigure Arcserve in order to assign the new target, some backup sw track the tape drives with FW version and serial number.
If the tape has been configured in Arcserve, then I would suggest to stop Arcserve services and start a Read/write test with L&TT.
If it fail, probably you have a defective drive installed
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)
CA1022670

Re: DL580+SSL2020

Hi,

Faulty Drives is the cause and It did help your reply to look other options in ArcServer as well