3376 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL891 mini library

Phil Arias_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem as Roy. However, I am running the correct firmware and have recently had both new controllers installed, new tape drive, but still no joy.

I am running networker 7.2 on a wn2k server (upgraded from NT4)

Any ideas would be most appreciated.
Roy Finch
Advisor

Phil

Let me know if you get any joy with this and I will do like wise running around trying to find a serial cable at the moment. Do you know what sort of cable I might need? Been trying to sort this out for over a week now, I really can├в t spare the time.
Phil Arias_1
Occasional Advisor

Roy,

It should have come with your library. It's just a male to female cable (5 pins above, 4 below)

I've been working on this for over a week now and am starting to loose patience.

I'm currently in correspondance with Legato networker support regarding the problem, but aren't holding out much hope.
Roy Finch
Advisor

Something in a box now there├в s a novelty my boss will keep buying second hand, No support, no history, and usually no software or manuals. So guess what no cable. Just hope a standard one will do the job or I├в m stuffed again.
Phil Arias_1
Occasional Advisor

Roy,

When did you start getting this problem?
Roy Finch
Advisor

As soon as I tried to install it. It has never worked in this config.
Phil Arias_1
Occasional Advisor

Any luck with this Roy?
Roy Finch
Advisor

No joy,can't even find a serial cable in this place. But going by what you say the FW might not even be the problem.