108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DLT 418 Question

SOLVED
Go to solution
PaulPelletier
Occasional Contributor

DLT 418 Question

I have a DLT418 (C6280F) and I cannot get Veritas BackupExec 10d to recognize any media (I'm using 160/320 tapes) at all. I have loaded the HP L&TT and when I perform a DLT drive assesment tool, it fails when it tries to load the tape. It loads but then it just times out. I also can not get into the admin tools on the DLT itself, it seems as if someone set a password prior to me being here, is there any way to reset it back to the default of "000 000 000"? I have the latest firmware installed, v126.
4 REPLIES 4
PaulPelletier
Occasional Contributor

Oh yeah, I am running Windows Server 2003, Standard SP1 w/ a P4 2.4 GHZ; 1GB RAM. Thanks!
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Paul

the 418 is have DLT4000 or DLT40 Tape drive, it do not support at all new SDLT tapes
look here for the cartridge
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=lpg50259
and here for the compatibility:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=lpg50139
marino
PaulPelletier
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the tip, I'm definitely going to try that as soon as I get the right tape. However do you or anyone else know how to reset the admin p/w on the autoloader itself?
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

you may try this procedure:

1- Record any unique product configuration settings that need to be restored. This may include the operating mode, SCSI IDs, and additional configurations. They will be reset to default by the following steps.
2-Verify the product SCSI addresses are set to something OTHER than 0 for the drive, and 1 for the autoloader. If necessary, change one of the SCSI addresses.

3- Turn off the unit from the front switch, and open the front door

4- Hold in the ENTER and NEXT buttons simultaneously. You need to press these firmly.

5- While still holding down the ENTER and NEXT buttons, turn on the power with the front switch.

6- Wait until any message is displayed in the front panel.

7 Turn off power, close the front door, turn back on power, and let the unit complete power-up.

8- From the front panel, verify the SCSI Ids have been reset to 0 (drive) and 1 (autoloader). If not, reattempt steps 3 through 7 until they are.

9- Reconfigure the SCSI IDs any other product configurations as necessary.