1753528 Members
5169 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DLT-8000: SCSI to FIbre Channel Conversion

Louis A. Lopez
Occasional Advisor

DLT-8000: SCSI to FIbre Channel Conversion

Was wondering if anyone has gone through a SCSI to FC conversion process on an HP-UX 11.0 platform with a SCSI connected DLT-8000 to a host(s). Were there any "gotcha's", minimum patches to be applied,...? I would like to hear your story.
2 REPLIES 2
Byron Myers
Trusted Contributor

Re: DLT-8000: SCSI to FIbre Channel Conversion

My shop does this. The only caveat I've seen is that if you direct connect the FC ports on a SCSI-FC MUX to a host, then only one host can be connected to the MUX. That is, two hosts cannot share the same drives. There can, however, be two FC paths from the SAME host to the drives via the MUX. I don't believe this applies if you connect via a SAN.
If you can focus your eyes far and straight enough ahead of yourself, you can see the back of your head.
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Re: DLT-8000: SCSI to FIbre Channel Conversion

Hi,

This doesn't apply if there is a SAN and a Brocade switch involved. Each host can see the drives and can use them as long as the robotics of your tape library unit is controlled from one system. Trying to control it from more than one WILL result in problems with SCSI resets even over FC. There is a list of patches and drivers required if using this scenario.

A5158A B.11.00.06 if using A5158A FC cards
PHKL_21834
PHKL_23790
PHKL_22759
PHSS_24044

"st_ats_enabled" kernel parameter must be set to set to 0

HTH
-Michael
Anyone for a Mutiny ?