library (8189). The library can't found
the dlt-8000 tape driver. why??
Q3: www.quantum.com firmware can't support
hp DLT ?? Many Thanks
4 REPLIES
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: DLT-8000 firmware

A1: yes, http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?pnameOID=24423&locale=en_US〈=English+%28US%29&basePartNum=COL1977&locBasepartNum=co-13828-1&os=HP-UX+10.x&tech=Diagnostic&
A2: I'm not sure I understood your question. Which loader do you have (product number)? Try searching at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Product.jsp?prodTypeId=12169&prodCatId=304613&locale=en_US&taskId=115
If you wish please generate support ticket for whole loader and attach to your next reply zipped
Eugeny
TANKC
Occasional Contributor

Hi:
I have the other question. I have hp dlt-8000 lve (loader/libraryonly)tape driver.
Can i install the dlt-8000 to IBM tpae library (3447)??
TANKC
Occasional Contributor

My product number cxa03p1561
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

I have never heard of a DLT 8000 tape library 8189 please provide more details. Just a count of slots and drives should help.

Never use Quantum firmware in an HP tape drive. It shouldn't download at all but it sounds like it did in your case. An HP tape library will not be able to use most Quantum firmware. Standalone firmware will not work in a tape library and even the library firmware versions have different behavior for different libraries. I think the version you downloaded is for standalone drives and will not work in any tape library.

To use the drive in an HP tape library again you will need to get the HP firmware back into the drive. That may be impossible at this point. Try the LTT tool and see if it can recognize the drive and download.