1752511 Members
5440 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DLT1 VS80 LTT error when loading firmware

Robert.D.Cook
Occasional Contributor

DLT1 VS80 LTT error when loading firmware

Hi. I want to update the firmware on my VS80 connected to a DL580 running windows 2003. I loaded the LTT tool and downloaded the latest firmware 065 from the web. When I run LTT and go to firmware it says there are no matching firmware files in the current selected firmware folder. THe file that is in the folder is LTT_COMPAQ_DLT_VS_40-80_V065_CPQ1.frm which is the file I downloaded from the web.
Any ideas on what the problem is?

Thanks,

Bob
3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: DLT1 VS80 LTT error when loading firmware

Hi,

sounds like this is the wrong file.
If I look up for a "VS80" on www.hp.com, I get LTT_BNCHMARK_DLT1_V065_OEM2.frm as a result.
You need to specify the exact product (product number) in your search, if your system running LTT is not connected to the internet.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Robert.D.Cook
Occasional Contributor

Thanks,
Thanks. I am not connected to the internet. I'll try the file you referenced.

Bob

Hi Bob,
There are three different firmware files to match HP/Compaq VS80 drives. The trick is to pick the correct one based on your drive product id number.

Your best bet is to run the "Get files from web" function of HP L&TT on the machine where the drive is connected. HP L&TT will match the correct files for download.

If are unable to connect to the web on the machine where the drive is connected, you can also navigate the HP Support web for the correct firmware download.

If you tell me what product id is reported by HP L&TT, I can point you to the correct firmware file.

Regards,

Bryce
I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]